Injectors and resistors (and i'm back)

Chaasman at aol.com Chaasman at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 04:29:21 GMT 1998

OK, I'm new to driving injectors, but this thread has me thinking:

What is an 808?

I like the MOSFET idea, why dosen't everyone use them?

What about EMI when you shut off the inductive load... use the body diode of
the FET to catch the spike?... if so what voltage?  How about an RC snubber
across the injector... or is EMI not a problem (maybe inductance is low?)

I have worked with pneumatic solenoids and found that the resistance changes
dramatically with temp (factor of 2.5 or so).  Is anything special done in the
injector driver circuits to keep a fixed current to the injector, since the
same thing probably happens with automotive injectors?

Boy, I had more questions than I realized.... Thoughts anyone?