holley 4d_ efi changes??

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Tue Nov 24 05:06:52 GMT 1998

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:29:57 -0800 (PST) andy quaas
<realsquash at yahoo.com> writes:
>There were many pissed posters there.  Now the board is gone.  Almost
>all of those messages (and i read almost all of them!) were in
>reguards to the analog, open-loop, TPS only system.  I have contacts
I put the 4Di on my Jeep Grand Wagoneer's AMC (not Chrysler!) 360.  If
you can install a radio and an aftermarked carb, you can install this
system.  It works OK even without being programmed when cruising because
of the O2 sensor.  I learned a lot about EFI by programming the thing.

If I was going to do it again (and I might), I would get the pot
programmer to rough it in, and tweak it from there.

One feature that I have yet to use is the programmable ignition timing.
Does anyone here know how to get a GM HEI to listen to a Motorcraft
Duraspark pickup?  If someone has a copy of the doctor's guide to
optomizing your ignition, I would appreciate a quick recap or scanned
page or whatever.

Ray Drouillard