Gm Programming

andy quaas realsquash at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 15:06:57 GMT 1998

Well i did a simple i-net search and came up with this little addition
(in case this is garbage, the URL is
http://gruffle.comlab.ox.ac.uk/archive/safety/lang-survey.html

andy Q

Land Vehicles:
-------------

 Bosch: Diesel engine controls in C. (Other systems generally in C?)
 Delco: Engine controls and ABS in 68C series (Motorola) assembler.
        C++ used for data acquisition in GM research center.
        '93+ GM trucks vehicle controllers mostly in Modula-GM
        (Modula-GM is a variant of Modula-2. A typical 32-bit
         integrated vehicle controller may control the engine, the
         transmission, the ABS system, the Heating/AC system, as
         well as the associated integrated diagnostics and off-board
         communications systems.)
   Ford: Assembler.
 General Dynamic Land Systems: M1A2 tank tank software in Ada with
        time-critical routines in 68xxx assembler.
        Tank software simulators in C.
 Honda: ?
 Lucas: Many systems in Lucol (Lucas control language).
        Diesel engine controls in C++.
        ABS in 68xxx assembler.
 SAE: ? (Despite considerable effort on my part, I was unable to
        gather any information on languages or language standards
        from the Society of Automotive Engineers.)