Injectors and resistors (and i'm back)

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Tue Nov 24 17:26:32 GMT 1998

You don't need to waste the extra $$ on the FET drive, a TIP121 or better
(about 50 cents) will work great for peak and hold with that circuit. The
Flyback zener voltage is dependant on the decay time required for the
circuit, and that's why they just don't use a diode. I have used 33volt
zeners, and also tested with the easier to get Transient Voltage
Suppressors (TVS, like 1.5k33CA) that are easier to get in 5 watt ranges
from Digikey or Mouser. Both work great. Besure to heatsink the
transistor/FET when using Peak and Hold injectors, and lastly if you do
drive a FET or a IGBT, you will have to check the circuit for oscillations,
as I have built the driver with IGBT's and had to add a small capicator to
the Base of the IGBT to keep it stable.

Sandy