holley 4d_ efi changes??

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Nov 25 06:56:25 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond C Drouillard <cosmic.ray at juno.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 1998 1:04 AM
Subject: Re: holley 4d_ efi changes??

Is the Duraspark a reluctor/coil type distributor?.  Did you test for
800-1000 ohms?  Is it any good?
Try a 1K resistor, and LED across the two wires from the dura.  A moderate
spin by hand should make the light flicker.  Just for grins try both
"polarities"
One is "hot", and the other grounded.
  I've heard from another source where one duraspark worked, and another
didn't.
Bruce