[RE: Gm Programming]

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Wed Nov 25 14:01:01 GMT 1998

>> Another thought on this:
>

>> The gummint buys a LOT of vehicles from GM, Ford, Chrysler. Both through
>
>> GSA and the armed forces. There is just a chance that somebody (my first
>
>> and best bet would be on the armed forces) insisted that the vehicle
>
>> suppliers document the code used to program any computer controls in the
>
>> vehicles which they were purchasing-----Just a chance, but maybe somebody
>
>> who knows military vehicle service manuals really well might just be able
>
>> to come up with something(s) which would be an answer to our fondest
>
>> dreams!!
>
>I was in the military and we , as engineers (the barbed-wire stringing kind!),
>were responsible for maintaining our own equipment with little or no help from
>above.  Anyway, I can tell you that military service manuals are notoriously
>void of details.  You end up having to figure things out on your own... so
>don't hold your breath!
>Ted

I understand your sentiment perfectly, Ted, but what you saw in the field
doesn't necessarily mean that some clown in the Pentagon does NOT have ten
thousand copies of each manual you needed tucked away on a shelf in the
basement!  AND (just) MAYBE the gummint (or military) in Oz  or somewhere
else did just a bit better??? We would never know if we don't scrounge
around at least a little!!