Idle Learn, 747

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Nov 25 20:20:27 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: rauscher at icst.com <rauscher at icst.com>
To: DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 1998 2:28 PM
Subject: RE: Idle Learn, 747

>        Ok, lunch time, pull the ECM... Hmmm 1227730, oops, don't
>        know why I thought it was a '737, at least I put a question
>        mark after it. <g>
>        It's an AZTY eprom. I'll get that to incoming soon.
>        Did a little more research on the idle learn stuff. It apparently
>        applies only to the 3.1L, VIN Code T. There was nothing about it
>        for the 5.0 & 5.7L f-body's.
<big snip>
That's the biggest procedure for a IAC reset I've heard of.

>     >If this is engine code T, there are numerous updates on the prom
>     >for that application.  I'd investigate that at a dealer, first.
>     >BTW,
>     >I don't show a 737 for that 3.1, what ecm does your have?.
>     >Bruce
>
>        Bruce, would you know if these releases were after the
>        1992 year, or if the above mentioned is a 'decent' PROM?

My "prom" book is dated, and my friend at the GM store ain't there,
anyway, I saw 30, yes 30 proms for the 92 3.1L T code engine
for stalling problems.........Then there are probably 20 other numbers
for proms, I have no idea which end is up on that.
  I do have one unmarked bin for that application.
  You might contact Peter, and ask what exactly he did on his pintle.
Cheers
Bruce