[Re: best place to get a new ecm???? It's fixed!!]

tedscj at usa.net tedscj at usa.net
Wed Nov 25 23:29:38 GMT 1998

diy_efi-owner at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:
> I went to Parts America $89.95 for a rebuilt with lifetime warranty,

> I hope it lasts, Old ECM failed by holding all 8 injectors on all

> the time, failed while I was driving.  The flex the circut board was

That is the EXACT same thing that happened to me last week!  My injectors were
wide open with the ign. on.  But if you could get the car to start before it
flooded,  It ran and the injectors pulsed, but it ran poorly and would miss
alot.
I went to DAP and got a rebuilt one with lifetime warranty for $90 also.
The only thing I'm worried about is I don't kno WHY my ECM failed and I hope
this one lasts.  I tried messing with the case, tapping it and such, but never
noticed any difference.  I couldn't find any faults with sensors or wiring
harness, but thats kinda like looking for a needle in a haystack!
good luck with your new ECM,
Ted