Injector control

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Nov 26 14:33:51 GMT 1998

>Hi Greg,
>
>A couple of thoughts regarding PW.
>
>1). The smaller you make the PW (resolution) the more Processing Power
>(MIPS) you need in an ECC or it forces the manufacturer to adds an
>automatic sequencer so as to keep the costs under control.
>
>2). Those of us who do performance modifications would like to add
>larger injectors.  With the low cost ECC's you wrestle with a large
>minimum PW which complicates idle and emmisions.
>
>Ron

I thought that was what I was trying to say!! Sure, you need more
processing power and a faster processor to get smaller pw resolution. With
a bigger injector, you need a shorter pw (higher turndown ratio) to get an
idle that works. so you go to p&h injectors, but if you do not have fine
enough pw resolution,  you still do not get decent idle tuning. Like
anything else, you get to spend more money to do it right!!