Air/Vacuum Assist Injectors

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Fri Nov 27 03:04:49 GMT 1998

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BE1988.91BECD80

The topic of air/vacuum assisted injectors has "bobbed to the surface" a =
couple of times in the past two months.  Let's put the strength of the =
collective to work, and fill in some the knowledge gaps and find out =
more about this technology.  The more I dig, the more I am starting to =
get the feeling that there are a lot of OEM systems and components that =
serve this exact function, and are just waiting to be "borrowed" for our =
projects.  =20

There must be a lot of listers out there who work on all years of BMW's, =
Honda's, NSX's, Mazda's, and others, and have seen it all?????

So far, I have determined that there are three variants of air assist =
hardware.   1) air assist direct injection   2) air assist port =
injection  3) vacuum assist port injection.  Type #1 is used by Orbital =
Engines and Mitsubishi (may not adapt to what we are trying to do).   =
Type #2 is purportedly used in a 1996 BMW M43 engine,  and quite =
probably others.   Type #3 is purportedly used in 1998 Honda V6 engines, =
 3.2litre NSX engines, and 3 rotor Mazda engines.  =20

Lucas provided some of this information, and I have not yet queried =
Bosch or Siemens.  Anyone have any contacts?

Even more interesting,  I am told that many of these systems are =
designed to "slip" over the nose of conventional injectors, and MAY be =
adaptable to injectors of our choosing!

After a lot of phoning around on Tuesday and Wednesday, I have a few =
leads to pursue.  Whatever I dig up, I will forward to the collective.  =
Everyone else please do the same.

Thanks;
Walt.

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BE1988.91BECD80

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The topic of air/vacuum assisted injectors has =
&quot;bobbed to=20
the surface&quot; a couple of times in the past two months.&nbsp; Let's =
put the=20
strength of the collective to work, and fill in some the knowledge gaps =
and find=20
out more about this technology.&nbsp; The more I dig, the more I am =
starting to=20
get the feeling that there are a lot of OEM systems and components that =
serve=20
this exact function, and are just waiting to be &quot;borrowed&quot; for =
our=20
projects.&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There must be a lot of listers out there who work on =
all years=20
of BMW's, Honda's, NSX's, Mazda's, and others, and have seen it=20
all?????</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>So far, I have determined that there are three =
variants of air=20
assist hardware.&nbsp;&nbsp; 1) air assist direct injection&nbsp;&nbsp; =
2) air=20
assist port injection&nbsp; 3) vacuum assist port injection.&nbsp; Type =
#1 is=20
used by Orbital Engines and Mitsubishi (may not adapt to what we are =
trying to=20
do).&nbsp;&nbsp; Type #2 is purportedly used in a 1996 BMW M43 =
engine,&nbsp; and=20
quite probably others.&nbsp;&nbsp; Type #3 is purportedly used in 1998 =
Honda V6=20
engines,&nbsp; 3.2litre NSX engines, and 3 rotor Mazda =
engines.&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Lucas provided some of this information, and I have =
not yet=20
queried Bosch or Siemens.&nbsp; Anyone have any contacts?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Even more interesting,&nbsp; I am told that many of =
these=20
systems are designed to &quot;slip&quot; over the nose of conventional=20
injectors, and MAY be adaptable to injectors of our =
choosing!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>After a lot of phoning around on Tuesday and =
Wednesday, I have=20
a few leads to pursue.&nbsp; Whatever I dig up, I will forward to the=20
collective.&nbsp; Everyone else please do the same.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Walt.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>