EFI on a Dodge 318

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Nov 30 00:17:28 GMT 1998

Greetings,

After a short hiatus, I've reinstated my being here.  Took a break for a
while as I've been welding my mid-engine chassis together, after completing
a running twin-turbo EFI Buick V6 successfully (using the Haltech system).

Anyway, I have purchased a used 1975 Dodge D200 clubcab truck, decided the
carb absolutely must go.  I want cleaner emissions, more power, and easier
starting.  The engine is the stock truck version of the 318, with a stock,
highly mistuned 2bbl carb.  The engine blows absolutely no smoke, and all
cylinders produce decent compression.  I also have at a friend's house, a
383 cid stock Chrysler engine from a 1967 RoadRunner.

I shall be fuel injecting, as to facilitate a compressor of sorts -
undecided, either a Weiland-like blower or possibly a turbo.  I want more
towing power, more torque, and I believe EFI and a compressor is the way to
go :)

So, I'm asking for suggestions.  Has anyone here grafted the Tuned Port EFI
(GM ) system successfully to a Chrysler motor?  I like the idea of
indendant runners to an intake log, rather than the Edelbrock/Holley
Projection system of a carb-like structure on a carb manifold.  I might
just wimp out and find a late model Dodge Ram with the 318 FI setup, and
clamp that down on top of the motor, but before I go hog-wild and build
someone, I was hoping someone here made a successful go at it :)

Thanks in advance.

Frederic Breitwieser
Fairfield County CT
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/