VSS- Part 1 solved

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 1 13:27:53 GMT 1998

Feeding the 2k pulse nto the 4k pulse input should work fine,  as I have driven
extensively the 730 'puter without the VSS hooked up at all, for about 6
months....then I bought that expensive adapter thingy to hook up....only thing I
noticed was that the idle speed upon sitting at a light settled down to ~700
rpm's and stopped that incessant pulsing up and down....that is the oly reason I
added the VSS....that idle speed variation drove me crazy.....I think the 2k
pulse rate should be enuff to tell the computer that you are stopped
still.....after all the signal is mostly useless otherwise, afterall you cold be
in any gear (stickshift) or have any final drive ratio....so just what the
computer would use with a VSS signal in a running/driving mode I don't know....
seems to be a useless input considering the other more important larger
variables,  load, rpm's.  etc.....just when it's standing still....it needs to
know that to set idle speed......GENE

--

Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\