diacom ?

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Thu Oct 1 15:09:48 GMT 1998

Andrew F. Gunnesch wrote:

> I'm not getting ANY spark knock recorded, though it is cold this am.  I am
> sure that I'm getting some audible knock though.  At least that's what it
> sounds like to me.  Anybody have a test for the knock sensor and/or ESC
> module handy?  I'll look it up at home tonight otherwise.

>From memory: there should be no knock at idle.  Tap on the block or
exhaust manifold near the knock sensor and it should register knock.  If
it doesn't, remove the knock sensor connector and jumper to +12.  That
should make the ESC module signal knock.  If that works the knock sensor
is dead.  If it doesn't the ESC module is dead.  Unless it's a
wire/connector issue, which is most likely.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com