6502

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Fri Oct 2 16:15:04 GMT 1998

> Intel originally developed the 4004 under contract to a Japanese
> calculator company.

Back around 1975, some friends and I went to a salvage yard looking for something.  We
noticed a bunch of non-auto junk laying close to fence.  We went back late that night and
five fingered a "calculator".  Yes, I feel guilty about it now.  I made lots of mess's in
my youth but I rarely destroyed or stole anything of any value.

It had a built in CRT, was bigger than a MacIntosh, and would only add, subtract,
multiply and divide.  We took the cover off and as I remeber it had individual
transistors, resistors and capacitors and no IC chips.  Wish I had ended up with it.  One
of my buddies LCD fried brother somehow kept it.  It would be a hell of a conversation
piece.

My wife probably wouldn't mind it sitting on the coffee table.
"My dear, what an interesting table piece you have."
"Yes, and it has individual transistors and no IC chips!  Joe stole it when he was young
and stupid."

Joe (Confession is good for the sole, er, soul) Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban