V8 S-10 and '747

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Fri Oct 2 17:45:56 GMT 1998

Joe Boucher wrote:

> Is the 6965 computer used on all the V8 throttle body cars?  Such as the Caprices,
> Camaro's, Firebird's?

I believe the answer is yes, except that F bodies (camaro, firebird)
never had TBI V8s, unless it was way back in the 80s sometime.
Remember, by '91 there weren't many TBI V8s in cars at all.  In fact,
I'm not sure what car would have had a TBI V8 besides the Caprice.

By the way, Ludis, I just called a local dealer parts supply, and the
'91 Caprice w/305 uses the 6965, same as '91 w/350.  You've got those
marked unknown ('91-'93 5.0 V8 TBI vin "E").  My guess is the 4.3 V6 TBI
"Z" is also 6965, but I didn't confirm that.

I bet if you asked Bruce or Shannen or someone else with one of those
application guides nicely, they'd help you fill in the missing
applications  :-)

--steve

--
Steve Ravet