some ECM clarifications, please

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Fri Oct 2 22:59:56 GMT 1998

A couple questions I had while doing some work on the WWW page:

1)  mempak refers to the EPROM in GM ECMs, right?

2)  calpak refers to some socketed thing with resistors in it that runs
the car if the ECM dies, right?

3)  On the codes for the bins, ie ANAL, is the four letter code unique
among all ECMs?  Or might I find an ANAL '747 in addition to an ANAL
'6965?  I want to know because I'm trying to organize the FTP site
some.  Can someone look up (or tell me how to look up) the applications
for various broadcast codes?  I'd like to have them listed also.

Ok, so that's three questions, not two.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet