Min throttle plate opening & IAC

Jason Weir Jweir at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 5 20:43:04 GMT 1998

Ok,
    I have been nose deep in the 101 stuff,  I started from the
beginning and that be the idle.. Are my steps correct

1. set min throttle opening
2  set low rpm timing values
3. adjust VE table so IAC > 10 and O2 swings rich-lean-rich nicely and I
have my min idle speed...

Ok here is my question... My throttle body has the plug covering the
adjustment screw so I had to leave the min opening as it was.. Bruce
mentioned to use a piece of paper to set min throttle opening and then
shoot for 10 or less IAC well my opening is nearly non existent, would
not pass the paper test... Because the throttle plates are almost
completely closed would that lead to a higher IAC, I cannot seen to get
my IAC less than 20.. The lower I go with fuel the worse it runs...
What does the collective wisdom think?... Thanks Jason

--
Jason Weir
88 Wrangler - 258 Chevy TBI
mailto:jweir at att.net