ECM Connector Tools

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Mon Oct 5 21:29:06 GMT 1998

Joe Gervais wrote:

> I've got a 93 LT1 with the stock harness stuffed in my 61 Vette, and have been
> having some intermittent starting problems that appear to be related to loose
> connections at the ECM. Wiggling the connectors clears the problem.
>
> I'm looking for sources for the connectors, crimpers, and pin removal tools so
> I can fix this problem once and for all. Any ideas on a source?

As far as purchasing connectors and wires goes, this source was posted
previously by Frank Parker:

----------------------------
Having done motorsports electrics for years in both early Ford and later
GM programs, I can highly reccommend Packard SXL wire, a 125 deg C cross
linked version, MUCH better than anything other than Raychem which costs
over 10 x as much. The wire plus other Packard products such as Packard
brand Weatherpack crimping pliers, weather pack connector, metripack,
and
older 56 series straight blade connectors are available from a packard
disb in MN called:
                        Waytek Inc
                        PO Box 690
                        Chanhassen, MN 55317-0690
                        800-328-2724
                        612-949-0765

Prices you will love. Examples:
                        3 cond, tower weatherpack       $0.37  sorry
Steve
                        3 cond, shroud   "              $0.24

                        18 ga SXL wire,125C             about $35/
1000ft
                        (this is like prod wire)

        You can take this wire and hold a Bic lighter to it
        for 15 sec, and just wipe off soot-wire  is fine
                        WP 18 ga terminals              $6.00/100

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com