Min throttle plate opening & IAC

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Oct 6 00:30:56 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: T Hergen <thergen at svn.net>
To: DIY_EFI <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: Min throttle plate opening & IAC

While it's called Idle Air Contoller, that encompasses alot of terriotory.
An idle speed too high or too low triggers a high IAC count.  Mixture
can also play a limited part in the picture.  If the coolant temp is too
high or too low you can have a high IAC count.  TPS also falls into the
mix.  An electric drill, and sheetmetal screw can be used to defeat a
IAC plug.  Careful use of an ice pick with a hammer can work.
And like I've always said your results may vary.
Cheers
Bruce

>If you haven't cleaned the throttle body yet, do that first.  It
>definitely affected the IAC position on a car I had.  Some of the >sprays
don't work that well --  it's best if you can see that it's