Memcal Connector

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Tue Oct 6 23:17:51 GMT 1998

I took a 50 pin IDC connector and hacked the end off of it
and added a key into it (for the memcal key) and just
plug in the half of the memcal that has the eprom in it.
The IDC connector is a wirewrap socket (long legs) and you
can bend wide enough to plug into the eprom programmer, so
I have just been leaving that in the programmer, and
pluggine the memcal into that.  You have to be a bit
careful when pluggin it in and out to make sure not to
pull the IDC wire wrap pins out of the eprom programmer,
but other than that it works great.  I used a dremel to
make the needed modifications.  I checked several of the
supply houses (JDR, Jameco, and Digi-key) and none of
them had any 66 pin ones.

			Roger