Even I have trouble with this one

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Wed Oct 7 20:43:17 GMT 1998

I think you are referring to the all aluminum ZL1 and that was a 427.
Reynolds aluminum cast the blocks and winters foundry cast the heads. The
ZL1 engine was about a $2500 option and very few  were ordered. GM has just
released an improved version of this engine that you can buy at any dealer.
CanAm racing was the driving force for GM to develop this engine, most were
punched out to 488 and 502 cubic inches for competition.  If you want more
info on the LT5
Order the book ' Heart of the beast' from your local GM dealer, I don't have
the part number in front of me but I purchased mine about a year ago, cost
$40.

                                                                        Don