LPG/liquid propane EFI?

Norbie norbie at isisol.com.au
Thu Oct 8 02:49:21 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond C Drouillard <cosmic.ray at juno.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thursday, 8 October 1998 0:39
Subject: Re: EFI Schools

>Do those catalogs have any injecters that would be suitable for liquid
>propane?

Hi all.  I've been lurking on this list for a bit, but this post caught my
attention.  I want to build a basic EFI system on the cheap, and I've come
across all sorts of info on this list and the web site.  But I would really
love to run my car on LPG (which I believe is mostly liquid propane).  It
has plenty of advantages over regular fuel: high octane (way higher than the
crap we get here in Australia), very cheap (it's taxed at a much lower rate)
and I'll have no problems passing emissions tests.  But I can't find very
much information on liquid LPG injection systems anywhere on the web, and
it's basically unheard of in this country, even though LPG conversions are
very common (using archaic mechanical mixer type systems).

So does anyone have any information on this sort of thing?  I'm building an
EFI system from scratch (my car uses carbeurettors at the moment) so
building a custom fuel system is part of the deal anyway.  What I really
need to know is, are there special off-the-shelf injectors for LPG
injection, or can you use regular injectors?  Are there any other issues
that makes LPG injection different from regular fuel injection?

Any info at all gratefully received!

    ~~~  Norbie  ~~~      BIT undergrad, USQ Australia

  norbie at isisol.com.au
  q9422562 at mail.connect.usq.edu.au
  http://www.isisol.com.au/norbie
  ICQ# 10426264

  "There are things known, and there are things unknown,
   and in between are The Doors" - JD Morrison