Even I have trouble with this one

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Fri Oct 9 04:33:37 GMT 1998

>The radio communication thing is closer than you think. They are putting
it
>in under the guise of warning "authorities" of a car-jacking and its
>whereabouts, and the whereabouts of a stolen car, and navigation. Not
too
>big a jump from navigation to intgrating speed, independent of vehicle
>sensors. I know a guy today who is selling hardware which would be able
>page the nearest Smokey--at his desk--whenever you speed. He is selling
his
>stuff RIGHT NOW for things like monitoring oil patch equipment and
railroad
>reefer cars, but GM is hot and heavy after him. The upside of this to me
>is--given law enforcement's taste for doughnuts-- that perhaps this
stuff
>will get more of their lazy butts (and their radar, lasers, and Vascar)
off
>of OUR roads, and those of us who figure out how to execute stealth ecm
>(electronic counter measures, not engine control modules) can be freer
than
>before!
>>> >

>>> Regards, Greg

Or, those of us with a tast for older vehicles and the skills to make
them perform better than new vehicles can run around without even
worrying about being charged with "tampering with the safety features" or
whatever it is that they'll call it.

Ray Drouillard
'89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (fuel-injected)