High idle after start

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Oct 9 07:36:16 GMT 1998

"Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net> wrote:
> [...]

It has to do with how fast idle on a cold engine is implemented.  In the
1227170 ECM, and probably others, the IAC is simply opened another _x_
counts from the learned warm idle position.  The ECM does not try for a
specific fast idle rpm.  (Surprise!)  I think the '7747 is the same
way...

If the learned idle IAC position is too low, then the increase for fast
idle is a much bigger percent change than it was meant to be.
Similarly, if the learned position is too high, the increase won't be
enough.  This is why the IAC position for idle is important.