Idle Speed (s)

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Oct 9 18:12:05 GMT 1998

One other note.  Whatever the term, it might net the same result.
If in the 165 they call it target IAC Counts, with 30 being a nice
Count, or Desired RPM (in the 730 ecm) with 30, and a correction
of * 25 both might get ya an idle of 750 rpm.
  If ya plug your diacom in to a 730 (92 vintage aujp BCC) is shows
a desired idle rpm. while on a 747 (90vintage AMUR BCC) does
not show a desired rpm.  Both act somewhat similiar in IAC
counts when idle rpm is too high or low.  On the bench I can generate some
strange IAC behavior, just like I've seen a car do.
ie TPS <%2, 0 VSS, and the with a desired rpm of 850 raise
the rpm from 900 to 1000 and have the IAC retract (increase in
number).
  So, yes, everybody has been correct in what they are saying,
just different ways of saying it.
  The idle is a very complex item, IMHO.
Also, as I recall ther might be a 154dF step involved so thermostat
might also, play a role here.
Cheers
Bruce