High idle after start

Jason Weir Jweir at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 10 02:51:40 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> There is an ol saying about one than one way to skin something.  If
> you
> only look in one place for answers the only answers you see are what's
>
> there.  Now, I not looking to ruff feathers, but, there are other
> items to
> consider other than the high idle at restart.  You can lower the cold
> idle commands down.  There are a few values along the 400rpm/70+
> MAP values, and 400 rpm PE enables, that also can play a part in all
> of this.  So saying 25 IACs is best is for only what your
> addressing....

    You mention "cold idle commands" is there a "open loop" idle table
that you know of.. the reason I ask is because like I said the idle
would go up to 1500 or so and then drop after 15 or 20 seconds... Well
after a second look the drop happens right when the thing goes closed
loop.. this happens every time, very repeatable...

Any ideas?? Anybody.... Thanks Jason

--
Jason Weir
88 Wrangler - 258 Chevy TBI