Source for Ford FE parts

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Oct 10 03:38:38 GMT 1998

Hi guys--

I found it. And my sweetie is pretty ecstatic, cuz the pile of stuff which
it was under WAS indeed pretty high, but now is mostly gone!!

Here you go:

Dove Manufacturing
P.O. Box #1003
27100 Royalton Road
Columbia Station
Ohio, 44028, U.S.A.
Phone: (216) 236-5169
FAX: (216) 236-3582

Maximum bore for the iron block is 4.440", price (then) $2,995. USD
Maximum bore for the aluminium block is 4.310", price $4,495.
Dry Sump system (a la Mark IV), price $3,500.
SCJ, Medium Riser, High Riser, and Tunnel Port heads, bare, price from
$1,500 to $2,200, bare/pair.

I seem to remember a critter called a "calliope" head from the Le Mans
days, but they make no mention of it in the book I have--I bet a phone call
would answer that one.

Complete, assembled engine prices are quoted, ranging from $5,485. for a
390 HP 360 to $41,250. for a 575 CID Cammer. They will build one as small
as 300 CID for (their words) the faint of heart.

They claim it is only a question of whether you want miles per gallon or
smiles per mile. They also claim that an Al block/head set-up will weigh
less than a 289.

Catalogue does not say whether cammer heads are in iron ar aluminium or choice.
Most other heads are choice.

They do make and sell a cross ram, IR throttle style injection set-up in
four different bore sizes, from 2-7/16" D. up to 3" D. It appears to be
meant for Hilborn mech type injection on Super-Mods, but we all know what
to do about that!!!! These things look as if they might well fit under a
snake's hood. Not in this catalogue (except for the picture of one on the
cover) but I know that there are also vertical stack IR injection set-ups
out there for FE's.

It appears that their cranks (the steel ones, anyway) are from Moldex Tool.
No mention made of the wide rod bearings, but again, I bet a phone call
would fetch an answer.

(All prices were lifted from a '96 vintage catalogue and are in USD.)

Regards, Greg