High idle after start

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Sat Oct 10 14:28:38 GMT 1998

> Possibly.  Have you driven the vehicle?  Quite often, the speed signal
> must exceed ~32mph before the ecm will try to reset the IAC.  At 1k RPM,
> with temp > 180 deg, ECM should be trying to bring idle rpm down.
> Shannen

No VSS yet. I don't think Jason's Jeep has either. One day, when I
understand this better maybe I'll understand how this info and Ludis'
info tie together to explain how/why this thing operates the way it does.
It'll be a while before I can get the VSS signal going so I'll drop it for
now. Thanks guys,
-greg