worked on the GTA...

Andrew F. Gunnesch afgun at mongoose.dearborn.sgi.com
Sun Oct 11 03:28:51 GMT 1998

A new fuel line from the dealer was only $20.  I took it.  Installed with
no leaks.  Good!

Replaced the auxiliary fan switch and put new heat shielding (factory)
under the manifold.  I once again have my auxiliary cooling fan working,
just in time for winter ;-)

And, tightened the loose ground...  according to my Helm's, it is G112
that has connections to it, among other things, the ESC, VSS buffer box,
and 3 connections on the ECM.  I went for a short drive (10 minutes)
and I didn't get a single cut-out.  Looks like that might have been the
culprit.  I took the car on an errand later on tonight and it's still
running great with no sign of the miss.  I'll keep the Diacom handy
just in case, but I HOPE that I've got this problem licked.

Next order of business is to redo the valve stem seals to HOPEFULLY
get rid of all that oily smoke out the tailpipe...

Thanks for everybody's suggestions on what the problem might have been.

--andrew