300 degree COOLANT

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 12 14:13:46 GMT 1998

At 08:01 PM 10/11/98 -0700, you wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Jake Sternberg wrote:
>

>> has anyone heard of a special type of coolant which
>> boils at 300 degrees F instead of 212-250 degrees?
>>
>Pure antifreeze will boil at 300 F. Any water addition drops the boiling
>point very quickly.

But remember, going more than 60% antifreeze inhibits heat transfer rapidly
as well.  A properly designed system with a 15psi radiator cap willl be
protected to about 260 degrees F.
If your getting that hot, there are other problems with the cooling system
that need to be addressed.
Remember, a bandaid for a broken leg is only temporary!

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
                     We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!