emulator question

Jake Sternberg chickens at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 13 01:10:49 GMT 1998

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that (although i haven't even picked
up the motor yet, so i haven't thought about a lot of things yet).

I intend to install an oil cooler radiator from an RX-7 that's in
my parts bin.  It's the biggest oil cooler i've ever seen, and it
fits perfectly behind my air dam.  don't worry, i'll put a rock
guard and bendable bracket on it.

I've been told that it's safe to run an engine like this, even with
aluminum heads (this motor has iron heads of course) up to 300 degrees
if i'm using this high-temp coolant.  What do you think of that?

> From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:07:06 -0400
> Subject: Re: 300 degree COOLANT

> Don't forget ya raise the coolant temp that much your oil temps
> are going to be way high also.
> Bruce

VPP is for programming, so you can ignore it.  Basically, the wire
leading to ~OE on the 27256 goes to the ~OE/VPP line on the 2732.
There is no VPP signal from the ECM (it's not a rom burner) so it's
really just the ~OE signal.  mail me if you need more.

-jake