OBD II Software

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 13 19:46:12 GMT 1998

> You need a ISO interface.
> I have a PC tool for $100 i have been developing.
>
> OK spill the beans, what ya got, what does it do, special cable needed??..
> How long to delivery
> Bruce

I started the project in late 95 for a OBD-II system for a Romanian
truck.  I first made a embedded VPW controller but then used
the ISO interface since Euro and Asian cars use the open J1979 std.
As of today the software is MS-Windows, stores and records data,
trouble codes has real time graphs. There is reprogramming capability
if you have the codes.
ISO-9141a to rs232c adapter, OBD-2 connector, serial db-9 connector,
and 7 feet of rj411 cat-5 cable, is included and free upgrades.
The ISO-9141 protocol works on Euro, Asian and Chrysler cars,
96 and beyond. I was working on decoding some GM packet data.
Hyper-techy has announced some new OBD-2 programmers.
I can send the ISO scanner next week.
I have started a web site at www.obd-2.com
alex