GM water pump

Martin Powlette marquise at candw.lc
Tue Oct 13 21:30:42 GMT 1998

I guess you have opened on before. I opened up the pump today there are
two rings that resemble slip rings the one on the engine side looks like
aluminium and the mating one on the hub side looks like copper but it is
all worn out. Where exactly does the sealing take place I also noticed an
inner lip resting on the shaft on the copper like ring.  No gum but a
little heat wear on the shaft in that area. I dont know if I am making any
sense, but what do you think???

Martin