efi fuel lines

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 14 06:24:53 GMT 1998

For TBI you wuld probably be ok with just hose clamps, but if you want to
be bullet proof then double flare the ends of the lines to 37 or 45
degrees.  37 is what all AN fittings are.  SAE fittings (like in your brake
lines) are 45 degrees.  Anyway see if you can get a banjo fitting
leaving your pump that has either SAE or AN threads on it.  You can flare
the ends of the steel line and buy tube nuts and sleaves to go with these
flares.  This will allow you to have a threaded fitting leaving your pump
and running all the way up to your engine.
I used 37 degree flares as I'm using steel braided line in the engine
compartment and these use the AN fittings.
This is a cheap/very reliable method of plumbing your vehicle. Parts will
cost you next to nothing.
hope this helps
jw