GM water pump

Martin Powlette marquise at candw.lc
Wed Oct 14 11:28:26 GMT 1998

> Carl this thing is begining to make more sense and with your mail it jumped two
> clicks.  I will check your suggestions as soon as I get the new intake gaskets,
> just in case.

Lets add one other thing, what if the engine starts and there is an air pocket in
the pump a dry-start to be precise.  Aren't the seals one ceramic and the other
copper like with a lip seal on the shaft as part of the second ring.  We used
coolant(rust inhibitor,bit of green stuff) instead of ethelyne-glycol antifreeze
so the lubrication quality is not the best. But on the other side of the aguement,
if it is the coolant I have got another vehicle same engine running on that same
coolant with an intake job I did myself.  BTW at what point do you put the 3/8
drive plug on the pump??? after refill to bleed out the air or before installing
the pump to trap the air??Just for thoughts, give me yours Carl.

Martin