OKI M66xxx MCUs

Adrian Teo adrian.teo at asu.edu
Wed Oct 14 23:24:40 GMT 1998

Ok here goes my first full fledged DIY-EDI post.

I was wondering if anyone on this list has any experience with the OKI M66xxx
series Microcontroller, in particular the ones used on Honda ECU's.

I'm trying to extract the fuel map etc from several of these ECU's but some of
them come with the maps "hardcoded into the chip" (?) and hence no EPROM is
present in the ECU. There are provisions for an external EPROM socket which I
assume can be configured to override the hardcoded program on the main chip.

The MCU in particular is a OKI M66207 MCU which comes in a 68 pin PLCC format.
Any suggestions (constructive or otherwise) are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

-AT

Adrian Teo                               e-mail: adrian.teo at asu.edu
System Administator
Instruction Support, Arizona State University
Ph: 602.965.9411                         http://hybrid.honda-perf.org
Fx: 602.965.2724     Pg:602.204.1831     e-page: adrian at falcon.asu.edu