RPM offset for VE Table

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Oct 15 15:50:59 GMT 1998

I put 30 lb injectors on my 93 Z, I originally had 22 lb.  The tuner I
used (someone named shalin patel) we only tuned with diacom, I did not
use a dyno, and from that info we got things to idle good, and run
good on the top end.  He had to adjust the idle and part throttle
settings several times to get the idle working right, and had to add
quite a bit of fuel at higher rpms.   Do you have something that gives
numbers like diacom or a standard scanner that cannot log several
seconds of data.  Diacom was what allowed us to be able to tune it,
because it could save about 30 seconds of data, at 7 samples per
second, so we got pretty good wot data runs at all rpms.   My tuner
was asking for a couple of idle runs out of get, a couple of runs in
gear (auto), and a couple of part throttle runs (not in wot mode), and
a couple of 3gear wot runs.  With all of that it took 3-4 revisions to
have it driving well, and running reasonable, if your scanner cannot
keep seconds of data that would make it much harder to tune.

				Roger