Engine & Injectors- Water and Sugar in Fuel

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Fri Oct 16 01:40:46 GMT 1998

Alexandre A. Cazin wrote:

> Hi, Everybody!
>
> I was just wondering what effect would sugar and water in the fuel
> have on engine valves, lifters and their bores and injectors. Have one
> of those and the owner claims someone put sugar in tank?!
>
> AC
Usually all it does is plug the filter, and maybe take out the pump. If
the water gets to the injectors it would quite possibly do them in, but
sinse the engine won't run on sugar water the rest of the engine should
be fine. In close to 30 years of wrenching I've never seen an engine
damaged by sugar in the gas. In the crankcase it is a horse of a totally
different colour!