charcoal canisters

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 20 19:17:15 GMT 1998

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Steve Ravet wrote:

> mrvette wrote:
> >
> > No the canister systems are either built into the tank or of an arrangement they
> > won't fit an earlier tank...so I just live with the suden loss/power when under
>
> All it takes is the right fittings on the tank, and an ECM that knows
> how to control the cannister, AFAIK.  If you have an in-tank pump, you
> must have a pickup with the right fittings for the cannister, don't you?
>
> --steve
Ok this is a good question.  I have a new tank that has never seen gas so
if I'm going to add any fittings (i.e. welding) now would be the best time.
I'm working with an EEC-IV and it does do canister purge so maybe I can head
a potential problem off at the pass by adding these connectors now.
This leads me to my question.  Can you offer any advice as to what type
of connectors I should be using?
Any advice on this at all actually.
I'll get a canister and tubing from a wrecker and go from there I guess.
thanks in advance
jw