charcoal canisters

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 20 20:18:33 GMT 1998

Eiogher I have terribly misspoken myself, or there is a clerical error,
perhapse my typing is so slow my brain went around corner and lfet my fingers
doing the walking......

I was thinking of the Charcoal canister system as being an original stock type
system,  this is the one that connects to engine manifold vacuum and also to
above throttle blades vac...(ported) so to speak...

well the system is hooked up normally for an old carb'd '72 vette 350....

but the tank in this old car has no well/trap/canister to retain ful around the
hi-recirculating fuel pickup....and the engine dies when on ly two or so gallons
in tank, under hi-lateral/acceleration loading....

this engine dieing has to do with the internal structure of the tank, aiming of
the recirculating return line....and nothing to do witht eh charcola
canister,.....Except as when the recirculating gasoline warms the tank far above
ambient temps, the fumes are apparent, even though the charcoal canister seems
ok, and there are NO leakes....

GENE

--

Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\