volvo fuel pump setup

Francois Dion francois at hyperreal.org
Wed Oct 21 13:55:21 GMT 1998

Greg Hermann wrote:

> >The volvo 240 (their only car between 1975 and 1982 i believe)
>
> Ah Ha! Someone else (besides Volvo) who would just as soon forget about the
> infamous PRV (Peugeot/Renault/ Volvo) 2.7 Liter V-6, as used in the 260
> series Volvos.

Of course everybody knows that only the Volvo's version of the PRV was plagued
with the faulty oil conduits that blocked and eventually killed the engine.

The peugeot version is one smooth solid V6. I know quite a few approaching
300,000 miles and still going strong. This engine was also used in a bunch of
other cars including some 500+ hp factory monsters.
See: http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/zagato/101/prv.html

Ciao,
Francois Dion (francois at hyperreal.org)
--