return line to gas tank

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 21 14:56:38 GMT 1998

Greg Hermann wrote:

> Regards, Greg

-- With few exceptions, involving Mitsubishi products, 1600 turbo and non turbo,
Datsun 2400 FI engine, Mitsu 2600 engine,   the rest have been American v-8
engines,...I tend to solve my overheating problems at the source,   fix/upgrade
the fan, or buy a new radiator,  run the auto trany lines into their own
exclusive cooler, and have many manymiles without problems,   But I don't recall
ever having an engine with intake and exhaust on the same side of the cyl head,
that's a very poor design rite from the get-go....

colder intake charges, both fuel and air, does make more power,  that is why
dragracers cool their gas lines with ice,  afterall they pump ~1-2 galoons of
fuel in ~10 seconds through their engine, so they can do temporary 'fixes' for
the increase in power...

Modern stock engines run too hot anyway, those stat's are set at 195 to open, as
a min engine temp. the fans in most cases don't turn on untill ~230 degrees
coolent temp....that is WAY TOO HOT....good for EPA readings,  bad for engine
longevity, seals, rings, and especially valve stem seals....so I just eliminate
the heat at the source,   keep the engine cool, like I say I never have had a
problem...towing in 100* heat even,...GENE

                                ____________
Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\
Jacksonville, Fl.  :-)))     //______________\\
 Shift better with   |\ \\[  ]    |mrvette|   [  ]// /|