return basics

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 21 17:48:56 GMT 1998

Pardon me, but there is precious little to come out of the auto industry, and
especially the EPA types, accept DPFI, in the last 25+ years....unless you count
miiature Jap electric motors to do what was simply not bothered with or done my
simpler means...

The EPA types have this whole industrial world by the tale, needlessly so...

I'm not condemming all their efforts, as water pollution and seafood is directly
related, and critical...as is paper...

Hate to say this, but the thought occured to me,  way back in the 60's when I
first started playing with cars , out of necessity,     that electronic controls
and fuel metering/ignition  would be great...but that was 25 + years
ago....about the time the guys were doing the same lab work we are enjoying
now....

But this air pollution thing is going way overboard, the sheer amount of arcane
and just plain stupid regs have push the cost of a super cheap car to
astronomical levels by the force of engineering time to comply with the latest
'greeners' complaints....

I would go with leaded gasoline, lead proof O2 sensors, and DPFI,

saving 10+% of the crude oil needed to refine....and ditch the cat
converters....

the use of MAF sensors seems to be a waste of complexity,  and what is gained?
lack of reliability/longevity I would say...MAP and a cal-map seems to work just
fine,  from a power, mileage, and ease of repair standpoint....

If we really need oxygen ,  quit burning the Amazon forest....

the Ozone thingy is a complete hoax,  and subject to another post off list if
anyone cares....GENE

--

Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\