return line to gas tank

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Thu Oct 22 02:50:42 GMT 1998

mrvette wrote:

> Greg Hermann wrote:
> >
> > GENE--
> > >
> >  But I don't recall ever having an engine with intake and exhaust on the
> > same side of the cyl head,
> > >that's a very poor design rite from the get-go....
> >
> > Archaic, maybe--but I would hesitate to call an engine that will run 400K
> > miles (like a certain B-30 Volvo I have has) a POOR design. And if you have
> > not worked on any Volvo (pushrod), MG, Morris, Fiat (pushrod)
> > Triumph-Standard, Chevy (either stove bolt 231/261 or late model
> > 240/250/292) , Ford, Chrysler, GMC or IHC in line 6 cylinder motors in 35
> > years,, WOW!! Or maybe all that time was spent sniffing Fiberglass resin??
> > :-)>
>
> Well first off I'm in America,  So I don't seemany of much you describe,
> certainly don't remember them and have never worked on them....including the
> American ones you mention...I been a V8 man from the get go...

And you have NEVER had a heat riser valve malfunction? It must be awful
hard to sit down, what with the horse-shoes :}
I have seen vapour lock / perculation problems on LOTS of american V8s
from the fifties, sixties, and seventies. When all the gas percs out of
both float bowls on a big holley, a 327 or 302 Z can be AWFULLY hard to
start.