return line to gas tank

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 22 12:20:43 GMT 1998

Hate to say so, Shannen, but really    no Chevy stove bolt sixes,   maybe One
225 slant six,  but no chevys.....sorry about that....:-)))

Im sure you think it ws vapor lock, you were seeing,  my only question is that
how in hell at ~40 psi DPFI line pressure are you going to boil gasoline off
into vapor, and not log since boil off the coolent at ~16 lbs rad cap
pressure?   ture gas is more volitile,  but under the circumstances it just
seems strange....need a chemist someone to compare tables to see...assuming an
equal ambient temp for each liguid, just the presure in it's 'vessel' being
differant....

considering the mechanical  ifficulties in modifying the Vette tank for fuel
slosh problems,  if I can't get an electronic control system to get rid of the
return line,  I'll just have to live with it,   I'd have to cut and reweld the
tank,  and find out a workable system to boot, that would be trial and error
aomost by necessity....I'll leave that one to GM/someone....besides it's my
lo-fuel warning...:-)))    GENE
--

Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\