Small injectors

Fredrik Skog c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Thu Oct 22 14:46:54 GMT 1998

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, mrvette wrote:

> I find it somewhat amazing that even with 35 years of development work it's
> still very difficult to find a factory production engine capable of making one
> hp. per cubic inch....about ~80 percent of that goal is the most attained...1.6
> liter is ~130 ci, as I recall, and most engines oly get ~80-90 hp,    and I

Hmm, that's strange. A 2.0 litre is approx 121ci. Didn't know it was a
non-linear scale :)

> would think for all the 4 cyl cars that rev to 6000 and above, that there should
> be more of them to do better than that....normally aspirated this is....
>
> The new vettes have a 350 ci, 345 hp engine, all aluminum....which was a LONG
> time coming...and the late Lotus designed ZR1 engine was 350 ci and made no less
> than 375,  but it sure was radical enough what with DOHC...

Euro BMW M3's for instance have 321HP out of 3.2 litre that's over
100 HP/litre in a production engine. 3.2 litre = 195 ci gives 1.64 hp/ci.

snipp

	Student at the Department of Computing Science Umeå University

Fredrik Skog			       E-mail: c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Taffelstråket 51		       WWW: http://www.acc.umu.se/~skog/
903 53 Umeå                            Phone: +46-(0)90-136365

		Living and dying laughing and crying
		Once you have seen it you will never be the same
		Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
		Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean
							/MetallicA