return line to gas tank

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Oct 22 14:58:48 GMT 1998

>Hate to say so, Shannen, but really    no Chevy stove bolt sixes,   maybe One
>225 slant six,  but no chevys.....sorry about that....:-)))
>

>Im sure you think it ws vapor lock, you were seeing,  my only question is that
>how in hell at ~40 psi DPFI line pressure are you going to boil gasoline off
>into vapor, and not log since boil off the coolent at ~16 lbs rad cap
>pressure?   ture gas is more volitile,  but under the circumstances it just
>seems strange....need a chemist someone to compare tables to see...assuming an
>equal ambient temp for each liguid, just the presure in it's 'vessel' being
>differant....

Not only way different on boiling point, but gasoline has a variety of
boiling points--for instance butane is one component of most
gasolines--check out its boiling point, aven at 55 psiA.!!

>considering the mechanical  ifficulties in modifying the Vette tank for fuel
>slosh problems,  if I can't get an electronic control system to get rid of the
>return line,  I'll just have to live with it,   I'd have to cut and reweld the
>tank,  and find out a workable system to boot, that would be trial and error
>aomost by necessity....I'll leave that one to GM/someone....besides it's my
>lo-fuel warning...:-)))

Try a tall, thin, vertical, intermediate pressure vapor separator tank
somewhere between main tank and rails, with a primary-secondary pump
arrangement. Take a look at the fuel system on a sprint car some time.

Regards, Greg