Small injectors

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Oct 22 15:21:24 GMT 1998

>I find it somewhat amazing that even with 35 years of development work it's
>still very difficult to find a factory production engine capable of making one
>hp. per cubic inch....about ~80 percent of that goal is the most attained...1.6
>liter is ~130 ci, as I recall, and most engines oly get ~80-90 hp,    and I
>would think for all the 4 cyl cars that rev to 6000 and above, that there
>should
>be more of them to do better than that....normally aspirated this is....

'65 Alfa Guilia Spyder Veloces and Sprint Speciales made an HONEST SAE NET
129 HP out of 1570 stock cc's (97.5 cid??) (1.32 HP/cid??) with two Weber
two barrel side draft carbs (with seriously undersized venturis, only two
valves per cylinder, and only 9.7:1 compression ratio. Good design , and a
willingness to spend money, will get you a lot!!

Regards, Greg