New Chev Firing Order

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 18:06:30 GMT 1998

<< Subj:	 Re: New Chev Firing Order
 Date:	98-10-22 10:20:58 EDT
 From:	arcstarter at hotmail.com (Bill the arcstarter)
 Sender:	owner-diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 Reply-to:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 To:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu

 It was written:
 >>      While working on this 99 Chevy truck I found they changed the
 firing
 >>order from 18436572 to 18736542......since it is coil on plug I only
 found
 >>this out by checking the camshaft....does anyone know why the firing
 order
 >>change and is the 98 vette the same???????
 >>-Carl Summers

 I heard some story about ignition cross-fire inside the distrib.
 Something about the adjacent cylinder (on the distrib tower) being on
 the intake stroke accidentally firing instead of the one under
 compression. Perhaps the firing order was changed to reduce this effect?

 Just a guess.

 -Bill

 Sounds good to me,,,,,,except this has 8 coils and no distributor......hmmmm
-Carl Summers