return line to gas tank

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 22 22:27:30 GMT 1998

It's my understanding that the '82 tank willnot fit my car, and is very rare
(expensive)  and it's a throttle body inj setup of unknown to me tank
parameters....I don't remember the specifics that well, but remember rejecting
the idea for some reason....unfortunately...GENE

Gary Derian wrote:

> The '82 Vette had FI.  What is in that tank?  It should have a baffle.
> Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

> >> REAL simple solution here. Add a header tank, with the high-pressure
> >> pump either IN it, or connected to it. Use a low-pressure carb-type
> >> intank pump to fill the header tank, and return the bleed-off fuel to
> >> the main tank. The little header tank (make it a gallon or so, with the
> >> pickup in a "sump" at the bottom) will get you through the fuel slosh.
> >> Common Solo 1 trick.
> >
> >-- I really like that idea, but have one problem, and that is crash
> protection,
> >a gal of gas out of the gas tank is a bit scarey...I thought of this but
> the
> >juxtaposition of the parts involved seems to preclude that solution for
> >me....like I've said b-4 this is a real ass scratcher....GENE
> >

> >                                ____________
> >Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\
> >Jacksonville, Fl.  :-)))     //______________\\
> >                       /~~~---~   |      |   ~---~~~\
> >                      /|    /______\____/______\    |\
> >                    (( | /      |          |      \ | ))
> >     Mako 'Vettes    | \============================/ |
> > Shift better with   |\ \\[  ]    |mrvette|   [  ]// /|
> >     Automatics      | \/+========================+\/ |
> >                     |~==============================~|
> >                     |_____|                    |_____|

                                ____________
Fun under the sun in          //~~~~~~~~~~~~\\
Jacksonville, Fl.  :-)))     //______________\\
 Shift better with   |\ \\[  ]    |mrvette|   [  ]// /|